Friday 12 July 2019

Insomniac's Delirium



This poem I wrote long time back. May be around 2006. At that time I barely knew what insomnia is. So it could be assumed that the poem was written from vicarious contemplation. In fact, this poem had found a tiny space in The Times of India. Although, I wonder how many have read  it. Anyway, now that I know what insomnia is, I ruminate over the muse who caused this poem.  


Insomniac’s Delirium
Hundred Phantoms haunt my mind;
Of past, present and unknown times.
Wanton desire’s panging existence;
Drenching me with sweating glands.

From the dead of night
Till the brink of dawn,
On my bed
I cringe and Beacon.
While my thirsty eyes
Chase fleeting sleep.

Sleep! Oh Sleep!
A will-o-the -wisp ?
If it comes natural to living beings;
Am I a ghost…..
In search of peace?


---------------------------------------**********************************-------------------------------

No comments: